Yikes. The impact of the economy has finally hit Mother's Day. According to a report, Mother's Day gift giving is down 14.7 percent.
Poor mom. This year, Mama Frugalista said I could just get her a really nice card. If she were local, I would take her to a lunch or brunch. I am going to buy her something, but it will be pretty frugal. Red Envelope is my secret store for affordable, memorable gifts. Watch out for Red Envelope's shipping fees, though.
Here are some affordable gifts tips for Mom:
1) A gift certificate for a manicure (less than $20)
2) Flowers from the grocery store (they are in season and surprisingly cute)
3) A CD of one of her favorite artists
4) Create a playlist just for her of her favorite songs at blip.fm.
5) If you have any left over gift cards from Christmas, use them to purchase Mom's gift.
6) A small plant.
7) A great home-cooked meal. I'm a big fan of recipes from The Fresh Market.
8) Lunch on Saturday, not Sunday.