Hello, Frugalistas! Clearly, 2009 is about to be a wrap, but it’s not too late to handle some much needed financial business. Here are a few of my tips to make sure you end this decade as well as you can!
1) Make a donation to charity: Clean out your closet clutter and donate to Goodwill or donate your junker to charity if you wish. Support a friend financially who is doing a “run for a cause.”
2) Make retirement savings contributions: Do you have an IRA? Putting money in it could make it easier for you at tax time next year.
3) Check your credit report if you haven’t checked it this year. You get one free report every 12 months and knowing your credit profile is mandatory for fiscal health. Check out annualcreditreport.com.
4) If you are unemployed, check out Pfizer to see if you can get free medicine. Dec. 31 is the deadline.
5) If you have met your medical deductible for the year and need to see a doctor, by all mean makes the appointment. I need to visit the dermatologist. I will go this year so I won’t have to pay full price.