Kim Kardashian Made Money Off Her Wedding | The Frugalista

Kim Kardashian Made Money Off Her Wedding

by frugalista on August 23, 2011

3482389782 439a32b68f 227x300 Kim Kardashian Made Money Off Her WeddingHappy Tuesday, my Frugalistas(os)! So, the second coming, also known as Kim Kardashian’s wedding, happened this weekend. I’m reading all kinds of reports that Kim earned $18 million from her wedding. Wow!

Here is a breakdown, from The New York Post:
Payments they received
* $15 million plus profit for four-hour, two-part wedding special on E!
* $2.5 million for exclusive photos with People magazine
* $300,000 for exclusive engagement announcement with People
* $100,000 for exclusive rights to bridal shower with Britain’s OK! mag
* $50,000 to have bachelorette party at Tao in Las Vegas
Stuff they got for free
* $15,000 to $20,000 Hansen’s Bakery wedding cake
* $20,000 Vera Wang wedding dress and fittings
* $40,000 for two more Vera Wang evening dresses
* $400,000 in Perrier Jouet Champagne
* $150,000 in hair and makeup for photo shoots and TV “home video”
* $10,000 in Lehr & Black wedding invitations

Oh my! Is Kim K. the hustler of the century? Every other couple I know complains about wedding costs, but Kim’s celebrity has gotten her a free wedding and a college fund for her unborn spawn! I wonder if Star Jones is somewhere fuming? Star didn’t have such an easy ride getting her wedding paid for. Some say it cost her her day job on The View! I think Kris Jenner is excellent at what she does.

So anyway, if you aren’t from royalty or a Kardashian, here is are some tips for you to save money on your wedding day:

Ways to save on flowers

Real Simple has a 25 Tips on Saving for Weddings!

Here is Bankrate’s take on saving for the big day!

So do you keep up with the Kardashians? Who is your favorite? Will you watch the wedding special? I will. I thought Khloe’s wedding was gorgeous! Do you think Reggie Bush was sad about Kim moving on? Does this family have the Midas touch? Should Kim have been paid to do what millions of people have done for centuries?

David_Shankbone, Flickr

Katy @ The Non-Consumer Advocate August 23, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I love pop culture as much as the next girl, but I find this family unbelievably crass. I give this “marriage” a year, tops.

Katy

GLM August 23, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I’m with Katy, but I think she is being charitable with a year!

Cindy Goodman August 23, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Nat,

You must have Kim plan your wedding for you and share her money-making secrets!

Cindy

Frugalista August 23, 2011 at 4:06 pm

@katy: They are rather candid with their speech. But it works, no?
@GLM: I don’t know, ladies. Kris put that ring on her finger pretty quickly. Yes, it was on discount, but still. He may like living the good life. The NBA has lockouts and what not. It’s not as stable as it used to be!
@Cindy: Yes!! I want Mama Kardashian to adopt me! I already know how to do a smokey eye make up! I just need a few hair tracks! LOL

Frugalista August 23, 2011 at 4:07 pm

@katy: They are rather candid with their speech. But it works, no?
@Cindy: Yes!! I want Mama Kardashian to adopt me! I already know how to do a smoky eye make up! I just need a few hair tracks! LOL

Annabelle August 24, 2011 at 1:02 am

K and K haven’t been together that long, so the wedding seems sudden. That being said, Khloe was dating Lamar a week before they got engaged and they’re still going strong. After researching my article about the Kardashians, I have gotten a bit obsessed and I think I’m totes going to watch the wedding special. Or at least, enough to see all the dresses.

Frugalista August 24, 2011 at 1:54 am

@Annabelle: Yep. They’ll have plenty of fashion for you, that’s for sure. Also, Kim seems to fall hard and quick in love. I kind of like that about her. She takes life by the horns. I say it’s worth watching. I really enjoyed Khloe’s wedding. Very tasteful. Also, the Mom got a fresh facelift for the big day. We have to check out how well it looks! :)

LaTonya September 1, 2011 at 7:53 am

I agree with the marriage lasting one year! After making that much money from getting married, she’s sure to do it again!

Her new husband didn’t know she’d been married before. Ooops she left out a minor detail!