Happy Tuesday, my Frugalistas(os)! So, the second coming, also known as Kim Kardashian’s wedding, happened this weekend. I’m reading all kinds of reports that Kim earned $18 million from her wedding. Wow!
Here is a breakdown, from The New York Post:
Payments they received
* $15 million plus profit for four-hour, two-part wedding special on E!
* $2.5 million for exclusive photos with People magazine
* $300,000 for exclusive engagement announcement with People
* $100,000 for exclusive rights to bridal shower with Britain’s OK! mag
* $50,000 to have bachelorette party at Tao in Las Vegas
Stuff they got for free
* $15,000 to $20,000 Hansen’s Bakery wedding cake
* $20,000 Vera Wang wedding dress and fittings
* $40,000 for two more Vera Wang evening dresses
* $400,000 in Perrier Jouet Champagne
* $150,000 in hair and makeup for photo shoots and TV “home video”
* $10,000 in Lehr & Black wedding invitations
Oh my! Is Kim K. the hustler of the century? Every other couple I know complains about wedding costs, but Kim’s celebrity has gotten her a free wedding and a college fund for her unborn spawn! I wonder if Star Jones is somewhere fuming? Star didn’t have such an easy ride getting her wedding paid for. Some say it cost her her day job on The View! I think Kris Jenner is excellent at what she does.
So anyway, if you aren’t from royalty or a Kardashian, here is are some tips for you to save money on your wedding day:
Ways to save on flowers
So do you keep up with the Kardashians? Who is your favorite? Will you watch the wedding special? I will. I thought Khloe’s wedding was gorgeous! Do you think Reggie Bush was sad about Kim moving on? Does this family have the Midas touch? Should Kim have been paid to do what millions of people have done for centuries?